Many of you have been apple picking, or have bought apples in the store this time of year. I love picking apples and baking them in the oven. The aroma of cinnamon and apples makes my home feel cozy in the fall.
Below is a delicious recipe bringing the two flavors together- mint and cinnamon apples. We promise that it will be delicious!
Baked Apples with a Hint of Mint
You will need:
4 sm-med size Honey Crisp Apples
¾ cup raisins
1/3 cup brown sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp chopped, fresh mint leaves
2 Tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease large shallow baking dish.
- Core apples and cut in half lengthwise.
- Lay apples skin side down (cut side up) in prepared baking dish.
- Combine raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon, and mint leaves together.
- Put equal amount of mixture on apples, about 2 Tbsp.
- Drizzle equal amounts of melted butter over each, about 1 tsp.
- Bake about 40 – 45 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Cool slightly and serve!